An ultrasound scan is a painless test that uses sound waves not radiation to create images on a screen. It is a very commonly used test.
Here at Gentin Podiatry & Physiotherapy, we currently use the MindRay DP50 ultrasound to assist with assessments and diagnoses of the following common foot complaints:
- Mortons Neuroma – A Morton’s Neuroma is a thickening or enlargement of the digital nerve that runs between the metatarsals.
- Tendonitis – Tendons are bands of connective tissue that connect muscles to bones. Tendonitis is inflammation of the tendon, either short or long term.
- Bursitis – Bursitis is a common condition that can occur in the knees, and heels.Bursitis in the feet can be caused by trauma or by repetitive use, or it may be associated with another conditions.
- Heel Spurs – Heel spurs can appear at the back of the heel (posterior calcaneal) or beneath the heel under the sole of the foot (plantar calcaneal).
- Ankle Injuries – These ankle injuries involves many ligaments and tendons. There are several types of ankle sprains that can effect both ligaments and tendons.
- Plantar Fasciitis – Plantar fasciitis is the condition in which the plantar fasciabecomes inflamed. The plantar fascia is the band of tissue that runs along the bottom of your foot from your heel to your toes