Physiotherapists help people of all age groups and with different conditions. They help people take part in the community and be more independent.
Physiotherapists are often experts in treating children, young people and adults with a disability, heart and lung conditions, neurological and musculoskeletal conditions, and ageing and gender specific conditions.
Physiotherapists can help you, or the person you care for:
- Do Activities of Daily living such as; get out of bed, take a bath or shower, dress and eat
- move around the home and outside the home
- do daily jobs, or sports and hobbies
- build strength
- get active
- Foundational and Pilates exercise
- Postural training
- Manage pain and chronic conditions
- Lose weight
- Choose and learn to use new equipment, like wheelchairs, walking frames and orthotics.
You may need a short burst of care from a physiotherapist, or care for a longer time to achieve your goals. Our Physiotherapists with you, will help put a plan together for now and into the future.
Some health conditions need a number of health experts to work together. Physiotherapists also work closely with other health workers. Together they can help you manage more complex needs.
For more information about the roll out of NDIS in your area, visit ndis.gov.au. If you would like more information about our physiotherapy services, please call (02) 9387 3174 or email us on email@example.com.